Featured Post

Welcome to My Nerd Experiance!

Hi there, [Insert Personalized name here]! I am glad you stopped in! Welcome to my Blog of all things Nerdom related! As you begin ...

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wednesday Weekly # 9 – Beat up Fingers

Happy Wednesday everyone!

It has been a productive week in the hobby for me.

This weekend I put in 6+ hours to finish building the last of the marines to flesh out my Age of darkness armies. I had to build 45 marines, 33 of which were standard bolter toting soldiers.

This... was a big project, that is for sure. By the end, the tips of my fingers were hurting. I spilled super glue on my hands, and generally made a mess. But... I finished the assembly process. This part itself is the one that will take... well, the second most amount of time. Color blocking and detailing will take the most amount of time. But this was the next biggest commitment.

I tackled this project as an assembly line. Cut out all the parts I was going to use, cleaned them up, then assembled them. I attached the legs to the bases first, just so I could get a better feel for how they look as I assembled them.

Once they were all assembled, I had some extra time to work on the project, so I was able to prime them as well.

I primed the Emperor's Children in a standard grey base coat. The Imperial Fists were primed in a German Red Brown. The next step will be tackling one or the other with the base coat.

Thanks for checking it out!

Have a great rest of your week


-Rob-

No comments:

Post a Comment