Featured Post

Welcome to My Nerd Experiance!

Hi there, [Insert Personalized name here]! I am glad you stopped in! Welcome to my Blog of all things Nerdom related! As you begin ...

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday Showcase # 5 - Eldar Farseer

Happy Sunday everyone!

For Today's showcase, I would like to show you an Eldar Farseer model I painted up for a friend for Christmas. 

For a long time, we struggled to figure out a scheme that would pull lore ties, and look striking on the battlefield. The solution we finally settled on was a mix of those two concepts. From the get go, the Craft world that spoke to him was Uthwe'. The idea of death, rebirth, and redemption struck a cord, but he wanted more than black and bone. This may sound truly ridiculous, but the idea struck him while he was looking at a Monster energy drink can... Bright green. So he put that to me... and I struuuuugggled with it. I had no idea how I wanted to combine that pretty defining feature into an army of Eldar who are defined by bone accentuation. I was aiming to make the model pop without making it too busy. I decided I would get a start on the model itself, and see how it spoke to me. Eventually, I got down to the spirit stones, and I knew. This was it, this is what I wanted to change, This is how I could make it fit. So, with this Farseer done, I can eventually mode on to the next things on my list, guardians, and pathfinders/rangers. 

Thank you for looking!

Have a great week!

-Rob-

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing this model in person but I like the look of it haha sorry for being such a pain with my colors lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, all good. Lets get some paint on some guardians and see how it looks

      Delete