Featured Post

Welcome to My Nerd Experiance!

Hi there, [Insert Personalized name here]! I am glad you stopped in! Welcome to my Blog of all things Nerdom related! As you begin ...

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Fun Friday # 3 - The 100

Happy Friday everyone!

Television is a tough thing for me. It is difficult for me to sit down and commit to only watching a show for any amount of time. I just don't have the attention span. So, when something grabs my attention... it is a big deal in my book. Enter.... The 100


The 100, a show I found on Netflix... well, I am intrigued. Definitely goes hand in hand with the current Sci-Fi kick I am on for my reading. 

The show takes place about 100 years in the future, in a world where nuclear holocaust was a reality, and life on earth is thought to be unstable because of radiation. A group of space stations from different nationalities ended up banding together to create the Ark, a massive space station that holds around 2400 people. The problem is that the life support systems are failing... so in order to see if Earth is survivable again, the Ark sends down 100 of it's juvenile delinquents to the surface. 

I really enjoy a whole lot about this show, but some things really stand out to me. For one, the special effects they use to show certain events happening are really awesome. Really well done, without being over the top, A la Battlestar Galactica. Another thing I really like about this series is how it approaches livability in an overgrown earth with no infrastructure. The kids realizing they have to figure out how to survive, and how the heck they are going to do it seems really well documented, and a natural progression. Another interesting thing about this series is the types of beings they meet on Earth. Without giving too much away, they meet several different tribes of humans... not all willing to help. 

So far, the only thing that is bugging me about this series is how quick people are to change nature. i mean, sure, I understand about pressure of survival, and having to make difficult decisions... but it doesn't make sense to me when a person has gone though several tough situations and sticks to his guns the whole time, before changing on something that has no where near as much impact. 

Have you seen The 100?

What do you think of it?

-Rob-

No comments:

Post a Comment