Featured Post

Welcome to My Nerd Experiance!

Hi there, [Insert Personalized name here]! I am glad you stopped in! Welcome to my Blog of all things Nerdom related! As you begin ...

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday Showcase # 3 - Grey Knights

Good afternoon everyone!

Today I thought I would showcase a Grey Knight Strike Squad I painted up for a good friend of mine. First things first, some good things to know. This is not the first group of grey knights I have painted... the first group was some of those old, pointy pewter models that Games Workshop was still selling 4 years ago. And let me tell you... they were bad. I recently stripped them with the intention to repaint them in a scheme that would actually match this group. 

Now to talk some about this group itself. This is the first group that I would truly consider my "Commission" pieces. This was the top of my quality for that time, about 2 years ago. These were completely brush-painted, with some subtle blue painted into the recesses. Each of the shoulder pads were free handed so they are each unique for the model. For the bases, I was going for a Shale/Basalt look, so went with grays over a cork base. At some points this worked well, but looking back it is pretty one dimensional. 

For these models in particular, the one thing I was truly proud of was the force weapons... the dry-brushed crackling weapons actually came out really well. 

Just to add a bit, I do have additional pieces i will eventually add to this squad. The first being that Original strike squad, re-painted of course. I then have a second strike squad that is built and primed. I also have a Terminator/paladin squad to build, and am working on the Man himself, Kaldor for the HQ unit for the army. All told, with everything painted, this will actually be a pretty sizable army, turning in just around 1500 points. 

Thank you for looking!

Have a Great Week

-Rob-

No comments:

Post a Comment