Featured Post

Welcome to My Nerd Experiance!

Hi there, [Insert Personalized name here]! I am glad you stopped in! Welcome to my Blog of all things Nerdom related! As you begin ...

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Wednesday Weekly # 3 - Terrain!

 Happy Thursday Everyone!

I know, I suck. Working on it, I promise. 

So, my update for this week is a follows... I have been working on terrain for various things. I also got to play some Dungeons and Dragons, but I may talk about that a bit later. 

Terrain. Terrain is so important in miniature war-gaming. It builds your atmosphere, assists your narration, and enhances your experience. And, frankly, I have very little terrain I am actually happy about. Sure, I have some line of sight blockers, but just not enough to add variety to my gaming tables. So... that is what I am working on these days. First up, I have a couple of ruins that will be using primarily for Frostgrave, though they will work for anything. Again, work in progress, I still need to add texture, and detailing before painting.

I chose to use packing Styrofoam for a couple of reasons... I had quite a bit of extra narrow, rectangular pieces, and they seemed to work well. I also thought that maybe the foam bubbles from this size would look like cobblestone... I guess we will see after I get some paint on them. 

On this last one, you can see I included an Imperial Fist Sergeant to model sizes. Again, I should be able to use this terrain in Warhammer 40k battles, even if it is just an ancient castle setting. I will be showing off the other Imperial Fists I have painted in a future showcase post. 


Lastly, I finally finished painting a mesa piece I worked on about 4 months ago... two more to go, though I did get one done. I was imagining a strange stone plinth, with a glowing chaotic rune emblazoned on it. I think it looks pretty cool, and works pretty close to what I want. I also was thinking it would be pretty striking on the battlefield, and yet still block line of sight. 

What do you think?

Have a great week!

-Rob-

No comments:

Post a Comment