Featured Post

Welcome to My Nerd Experiance!

Hi there, [Insert Personalized name here]! I am glad you stopped in! Welcome to my Blog of all things Nerdom related! As you begin ...

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wednesday Weekly # 5 - Bases Bases Bases

Happy Hump Day Everyone! 

This week in the Hobby I.... Well, I worked on some Horus Heresy Stuff.  

I have been thinking for a while now that I just want to get some play time in, I want to just play the games I have been working on. The problem is, the model counts are really high, and I was hoping to avoid proxying. I am not saying I will not, I just don’t like doing it. As a result of that, I decided I wanted to build and base the models to actually play a game. I can always get around to painting them a bit later, once I have played some.  

I sat down and decided that I was going to pre-build two 1500 point army lists, one Imperial Fist, and the other Emperor's Children. Happily, I recently purchased two Betrayal at Calth box sets, so I have plenty of marines. I wanted to experiment a bit with the armies, do a bit of min/maxing, and build something that was fun to play and fun to play against. I will go over the army lists once I have the models build and primed. For now... just imagine 5 plasma guns, and 5 missile launchers.  

So.... to put it in perspective, I had to build 57 bases. Woo... 

When building bases, what I like to do is to take a small piece of cork, maybe 5mm, and rip it into small pieces for the models to stand on. I glue that down using PVA glue, then wait a few minutes to dry. I then brush PVA glue all around the base there the cork is not covering, as well as some small spots on to the cork itself. I pour
 
a mixture of different sized sand/pebbles onto the base to give it a more natural feel. Once I get the models pinned to the base, I will prime the whole thing! 

Also, my modeling time may be very very limited in the next few weeks... I broke down and pre-ordered X-COM 2. So I will be playing the heck out of that. 

Thank you all!

Have a great rest of the week, and weekend! 

-Rob-

No comments:

Post a Comment